There is a paved trail behind the Heath High School.
I discovered this path when I ran my first 5k race a month ago.
You can park by the track field, its a perfect place to join the course. I have been hitting it hard this week today is my peek day because it is in the middle of the week. So I decided to make the loop once more than I usually do. I start of jogging into the tree's and under a bridge. I like the when I jog under the bridge because the temperature drops. It reminds me of when I was a late teenager and was working construction on the Cape. This very moment reminds me of that nostalgia because when me and my friend Toby were done working construction in Chatham we would race dirt bikes. Specifically, Motocross bikes and they were fast. As we rode them up and down the hills on the Cape the temperature would drop and get heavy significantly down below the fog line. When heading back up to a jump the air would get warm and light again very quickly.
I always enjoyed that very much.
So I recall this memory when jogging under that bridge each time. Well the path continues through some wooded areas. Past a dirt bicycle trail. Today I can see a pack of boys. There are eight or nine of them huddling around an older one, probly recanting a dangerous and exaggerated story of some kind. I continue forward keeping good pace and rythm. I'm surpsrised at myself for even keeping good breathe teqniqices, breathing in my nose and out my mouth. The trail does some turns right and left and there are a few plaques that display information about certain trees.
At about this point I am half way, at least I imagine so in my head since I have no map of this path. I am running now right along side a stream what is flowing with brown muddy waters from a storm. Slowing down again I reach a road that bridges over the water. Now I sprint back towards the starting point.
I look over to my right and see a trailer park. I notice a woman who has come out of her house in an electric wheelchair. I dont know why but this puts a smile on my face. Maybe she is trying to keep up with me. I try to establich eye contact with her so I can flash her a smile. She doesn't notice me.
The sun feels go great on my skin, and the air is perfectly breezy.
My eyes are rolling back in my head. I feel like I just want to strech my arms up into the air as I run, and so I do. This makes me feel as thou I am about to take flight. For a few seconds I really wish that I can. My endorfins are running at such a high speed now I have not a care in the world.
Everything feels fantastic.
I like to think about the future and explore possibilites in this state of mind. I look ahead at the summer and the rest of the year in my head. Outlook so good!
The path in front of me now is a straight shot back to the High School parking lot. I started to slow my pace into a speed walk. Some Coach told me that one time somewhere it was good for my body to cool down.
Mission accomplished. I feel fucking fantastic.
At the car I see a significant number on the ground and I snap a pic for later. I get in my car feeling very positive.
As i am driving home I have a funny feeling that I will see my cousin Jackie. Two minutes later on the road as I pass by her house. I see her! Funny, I have not seen her in person for years but I recognized her the same. Jackie and I used to be very close when we were kids growing up because we are similar in age. Maybe we still have a connection. I'm feeling very psychic at this moment.
Quick ask me a question!
In the car i rest a momenet and tweet my journey. And withing seconds I get a Re Tweet!
My first RT ever! Its corny but it makes me so happy. It was a fitness twitter account and now everyone get to see my tweet!
#thisverymoment Nature Jogging/Walk is freeing my mind! =]
http://twitter.com/#!/JesseKarma
No comments:
Post a Comment